WellStar Health System is a not-for-profit system recognized as a national leader in comprehensive care. Staying ahead of the curve in technology has enabled WellStar to be leaders in both the diagnosis and treatment of an extensive array of health conditions. Serving a population of more than one million residents of NW metropolitan Atlanta, WellStar consistently looks at total patient wellness and works to ensure that all systems support that focus. With industry awards ranging from Integrated Delivery Networks to Working Mother Magazine’s Best Places to Work, WellStar strives to provide the best care possible with Atlanta’s top medical professionals.
Specialists and primary care providers work in a multi-disciplinary environment with more than 12,000 diverse team members throughout our five hospitals and physician offices. By working through a patient-centered model of care, WellStar places enormous value on quality and safety with many accolades to support our work.
WellStar’s senior leadership, Board of Trustees, Authority, Regional and Foundation Boards evaluate our community’s emerging needs to equip our facilities with the best new technology. We know that healthy patients come from healthy neighborhoods, and finding ways to deliver better care in metro Atlanta is a big part of who we are.
Each year, more than 600,000 of our neighbors receive world-class service at a WellStar facility. Whether you need to find a physician online or through our 956-STAR Call Center, we can connect you with the South’s best doctors – right around the corner. And, to uphold our founding intentions of giving back to our community, the WellStar Foundation continues each year to fund initiatives ranging from new buildings to genetic testing services.
To deliver world-class healthcare.
To create and deliver high quality hospital, physician and other healthcare related services that improve the health and well-being of the individuals and communities we serve.
- Five hospitals
- Five urgent care centers
- 14 satellite diagnostic imaging centers
- One adult congregate living facility
- One skilled nursing facility
- One inpatient hospice
- More than 500 primary care providers, specialists and advanced practitioners known collectively as the WellStar Medical Group
- More than 100 WellStar Medical Group practice locations
- More than 12,000 employees
- 1,126 Medical Staff members
- Formed in 1993 from longstanding community-based hospitals
- 1,321 beds System-wide
- 292,000 emergency room visits in FY 2010
- One of 42 health systems in the US accredited as a healthcare system by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Since 2008, WellStar has been a Working Mother Magazine Top 100 Best Company. WellStar was a Working Mother Top 10 company in 2010 and 2011
- In 2009, WellStar was an AARP Best Employer for Workers Over 50, and ranked #11 in 2011
- Since 2008, WellStar has made the Companies That Care Honor Roll
- In 2008, 2009 and 2010, WellStar was an Alfred P. Sloan Award Winner for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility
- In 2010 and 2011, WellStar was recognized by the National Association for Female Executives
- In 2010, WellStar received the Best Adoption Friendly Workplace Award from the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
- In 2011, WellStar was one of Atlanta’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
What We Give Back
- A Level II Trauma Center designation at Kennestone Hospital to significantly boost care availability for trauma patients in our service area.
- Free genetic counseling and testing for 42 patients in FY 2010 with the help of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- Free transportation for radiation and chemotherapy patients lacking a means of travel with the help of Lockheed Martin’s AERO Club.
- A world-class, $12 million hospice facility designed from the ground-up to enhance patient care and comfort.
- More than 600 screening mammograms, 160 diagnostic mammograms, 175 ultrasounds, 20 breast MRIs and seven interventional breast diagnostic procedures through the Talking Shop program.
- A renovated and improved Cobb County community clinic at WellStar Kennestone Hospital.