WellStar Kennestone Hospital believes that total patient care demands attention to the spiritual, as well as the physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Members of the Pastoral Services staff are available to assist you, whatever your religious affiliation. Your priest, minister, rabbi or spiritual leader is always welcome to visit you while you are here.
Requests for Pastoral Care in Home Health or Urgent Care Centers should be directed to the Pastoral Care Office at (770) 793-5005.
Standards of Spiritual Care
WellStar Health System shall use its best efforts to ensure that patients and their family’s belief systems and methods of coping with their health status will be respected with utmost consideration within the constraints of system policy.
- Staff chaplains will work with area clergy to complement and supplement them.
- Staff chaplains are aware of the many faith traditions and are bound by a code of ethics not to evangelize or proselytize their own or any other faith tradition.
- Pastoral Care staff may contact outside clergy or spiritual advisors upon patient/family request and shall provide privacy for meetings within the limits of system policy and facilities.
- Pastoral Care maintains resource materials and guidelines of various faith traditions for staff personnel when such materials are requested.
Chapels, Gardens, and other Spiritual Locations
- Healing Garden - honoring the healers in our healthcare community. Located at Main Street #21 in the Purple Tower.
- Garden of Courage - offering cancer patients and their families a place of rest, reflection and enjoyment. Located at the Cancer Center.
- Chapels - for spiritual reflection and meditation. Located in the Green Tower on the 3rd floor and in the Purple Tower on the 5th floor.