Rheumatic Fever Ongoing Care
WellStar’s world-class, community-based physicians utilize state-of-the-art medical centers and hospitals with the latest technologies and medical resources. Our clinicians are dedicated to:
- Helping you create and maintain healthy lifestyles
- Offering advice to prevent illness and injuries
- Providing early and appropriate care of acute illness to prevent its progression
Cardiac Care at WellStar
WellStar provides top-flight Cardiac Care throughout its physicians’ offices, urgent care centers and emergency rooms. Emergency departments at WellStar Cobb, WellStar Douglas, WellStar Kennestone, and WellStar Paulding hospitals provide comprehensive cardiac services. WellStar Cobb and WellStar Kennestone hospitals’ cardiac diagnostic and treatment services provide the next level of defense against heart disease. The technologically advanced Cardiac Center at WellStar Kennestone Hospital and partnership with Emory Healthcare for adult open-heart surgery raises the bar on world-class cardiac care. WellStar’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Services’ medically supervised programs focus on helping heart disease patients maintain a healthier heart through education and support groups. Phone: 770.956.STAR (7827)
Staffed by interventional cardiologists, interventional radiologists and vascular surgeons, the WellStar Vascular Institutes at Kennestone, Cobb and Douglas hospitals provide accurate diagnosis and efficient treatment for vascular disease. The WellStar Vascular Institute offers patient-focused care, minimally invasive treatment options and concentrated expertise. For referrals, call 770.956.STAR (7827); for appointments, call 770.793.5950.
Ongoing Care at Home
Treatment for rheumatic fever can often improve symptoms and help you live longer. You and your WellStar physician can work together to make your life more comfortable, so pay close attention to your body and your post-treatment regimen, and keep your doctor updated. As part of your post-treatment care and in addition to maintaining a healthy diet and exercise, you should:
- Keep track of all medications you take
- Avoid certain over-the-counter medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, naproxen and others), cold medications and diet pills
- Keep track of your weight and blood pressure
- Write down your questions and never be afraid to ask your WellStar physicians for clarification.