Your gifts to WellStar Foundation provide the support for programs and equipment that helps WellStar continually meet and exceed our goal to provide world-class healthcare. This commitment has been rewarded with many certifications, accreditations and honors for WellStar as one of the nation’s preeminent not-for-profit healthcare systems. We’re right in your backyard, yet we consistently receive attention and accolades from many national organizations that set the bar for world-class care.
Certifications and Accreditations
- Network Cancer Program accreditation,
the first accredited Network Cancer Program in Georgia and the fifth
in the nation, by the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
- Surgery Center for Excellence® accreditation by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) and the Surgical Review Corporation
- National Top Performer for Rehabilitation Patient Outcomes by the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (UDSMR)
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI Cardiac Services/Emergency Services by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Accredited Breast Health Center by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- Certified Primary Stroke Center designation by the Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) for stroke programs at WellStar Cobb and Kennestone Hospitals.
- Total Knee and Hip Certification from the Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) for WellStar Cobb, Kennestone and Douglas Hospitals.
Honors, Accolades and Recognition
Since 2007, WellStar has been the highest ranked integrated health system in Georgia
in Surveillance Data, Inc.’s (SDI) Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the U.S.
- Top-Tier 3-Star Rating by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for cardiac surgery at WellStar Kennestone Hospital. Only the top 13% of hospitals in the nation were awarded this distinction.
- Aetna Programs of Excellence recognition for cardiac, joint replacement and spinal surgery programs.
- Blue Cross Programs of Excellence recognition for joint replacement, spinal surgery and other joint programs.
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- 2010 Top Ten honors by Working Mother Magazine’s 100 Best Companies initiative
- AARP’s Best Employers for Workers Over 50
- Companies that Care Honor Roll
- Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility
- Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption’s Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces Top 100