The recent expansion and renovations of WellStar Douglas Hospital in Douglasville means the need for volunteers has never been greater. WellStar Douglas Hospital volunteers staff the information desk and gift shop. Volunteers also provide critical support to staff and nurses on hospital floors, in the emergency room and in the operating rooms.
Joining the WellStar Douglas Hospital volunteer program is as easy as one, two, three.
One: Fill Out the Forms >>
- Complete the volunteer application form.
- Have your physician complete and sign your medical release form (.pdf).
- Applicants born after 1957 must include immunization records.
- Drop the forms off at the Department of Volunteer Services, or fax to 678-838-2551.
- You can also mail the forms to:
WellStar Douglas Hospital: Volunteer Services
8954 Hospital Drive
Douglasville, GA 30134
Two: Complete the Interview >>
- Complete and sign a background check permission form.
- Talk about why you want to volunteer and specific areas of interest.
- Some positions may require a second round of interviews.
- Interviews are typically held between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Learn about the requirements and benefits of being a volunteer.
Three: Attend Orientation >>
- Learn hospital policies and procedures.
- Learn about confidentiality and volunteer agreements.
- Purchase uniform at Department of Volunteer Services.
Most volunteer opportunities are available 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. There are limited openings for volunteers for evenings and weekends. Volunteers are asked to commit for at least one four-hour shift each week for six months or 100 hours, whichever comes first.